Wednesday 4 May 2011

Ice Cream Maker Lust

I've gone to a couple of dinner parties in the last month and both hostesses made ice cream. It seems so easy and now I want an ice cream maker! I've always thought it was really complicated but it sure doesn't look or sound like it from these ladies. Right now I have my eyes on this pretty; The Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker


It says it's just a soft serve maker but I wonder if you could make hard ice cream too? Just put it in the freezer for a while? I'm new to all this and I'm not too sure how it all works.

If anyone has any suggestions on recipes on a better machine I'm all ears!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! The mister and I went shopping for an ice cream maker last weekend! I didn't find one I love, but Sur La Table had some fancy ones and some cheaper ones.... I look forward to seeing which one you pick!


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea but I'll be checking back to see if anyone has suggestions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were lucky enough to get a brand-new ice cream maker for only $6 at the thrift store a few years ago! My hubby hates going to those stores, but even he had to admit he was glad we'd gone ;)

    I'm here with fun news tonight! Stop by my blog to vote for yourself - you've been nominated for my Best in Show award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Cuisinart one and like it - the only problem is all the space the freezer bowl takes up all the time :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!