Thursday 21 April 2011

Baking my Way: Starlight Mint Surprise Cookies



These cookies didn't look to exciting to me in the book but I bought the mint wafers so I thought I would make them and let me tell you I'm glad I did! They turned out so good! I didn't use the walnuts and I made my cookies a lot bigger (not sure how they got that little amount of dough around each wafer...I doubled the amount for each cookie). I also used vegetable oil instead of butter. 


I give these cookies a 4, not a 5 only because mint chocolate isn't my fav, but if I ever want a mint chocolate cookie this will be my first pick! (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
60 walnut halves
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon water
2 eggs
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 (6 oz.) solid chocolate mint candy wafers
In large bowl blend well sugars, butter, water, vanilla and eggs. In small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and mix with large bowl ingredients. Blend well. Cover with plastic wrap, chill 2 hours. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Press 1 tablespoon dough around candy to cover completely. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Top each with walnut. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 5 dozen.






I shared this recipe at:


Photobucket








4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great! Thanks for bringing to Friday Potluck this week - hope you'll be back each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! These look incredible! I love little sneaky ninja surprises in cookies :) Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I've been to your site a couple of times and linked up! it's so fun! I'll go again with these cookies : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mint and chocolate! Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!