Friday 15 April 2011

Restaurant Review: Lovey’s BBQ


I’ve been to Lovey’s twice. The reason we went the second time was because it was so good the first time. But I’m glad I didn’t write my review until the now.

The first time we went it was full and busy with action. The girls were bustling around clearing tables and getting things done. We ordered our food and stood and waited by the door for a table. We knew it would be like that so it wasn’t a big deal.

Once we got our table it wasn’t long until we got our food. We dug right in and it was amazing. The ribs were so tender and the beans were great. Marshall is a big eater and even he had left over’s.

It’s a really cool set up in there too with photos all over the walls and TVs up (and they have them on good channels too not just sports!).

That brings me to the second experience. We get there right when it opens and get a table no problem. We all pick (we took my dad there) what we want and I go and order. The food comes in good time, no problem. Problem? The actual food. The ribs were over cooked, the beef was tuff to chew, the pulled pork was tuff and dry and the chicken was also dry. One thing that was consistent was the beans; they were still great.

And to add to this the owner (or at least I think he was the owner) kept walking around the restaurant sort of hovering and telling the girls what to do. I get that, if you have a crew of waitresses that are new, sure you need to be there, but they had it totally under control and you could tell they felt smothered. I could feel the tension in the air. He was just giving off that vibe of “I want you out of here quick so I can get more people in here”. I’m sure he means well and just wants to be successful but it was not making the experience great.

We had a lot of left over’s but our bill for three people was $65 and all we had was a bunch of meat to take home that was worse than old gum to crew.

On a scale of 1-10 (1- Horrible, it should be closed down!! 10- Amazing, would go back again and again!) I give it “2- I would have been better off eating at home”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!