Monday 30 May 2011

Baking My Way: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are wonderful! They are so soft and chewy and just such a great chocolate chip cookie; perfect for a chocolate chip cookie sundae! Next time I wouldn't make them with the sunflower seeds but I had to follow the recipe to truly bake through this book!

With this recipe there are 4 variations so look out for posts on that too! It's going to be all chocolate for a little while!

Ingredients
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 shortening
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chip
1/2 chopped nuts or sunflower seeds

Directions
Heat oven to 375

In a bowl combine sugars, shortening and butter, beat until light and fluffy.

Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.

Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.

Stir in chocolate chips and nuts/seeds.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets.

I've shared this recipe at:

8 comments:

  1. These do look soft and chewy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look for a perfect chewy chip cookies! I will have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and chewy is my favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie. :-) Thank you for participating, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What really lovely cookies Amanda look delicious! xgloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe and these look perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! I'll have to try these. I am your newest follower, would love for you to swing by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate chip cookies will always be my first love of sweets. =) Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!