I decided I would do two different smaller cheese cakes instead of one big one to add a little more summer and a little more variety into the day.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons light rum
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
Whip cream and toasted coconut
- Stir together first 4 ingredients, and press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pineapple and next 4 ingredients, beating until blended. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Spread Glaze over top of cheesecake. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
I think I might do an addition glaze like this (before the whip cream and toasted coconut):
1 cups crushed pineapple, fresh or canned
1/4 cup pineapple juice and/or rum
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
When both the cake and the glaze are only slightly warm, pour the glaze over the cake and smooth the top.
If you're looking for some Pina Colada Cupcakes check out a great recipe for them over at Kimmy's Kitchen!!
I've shared these recipes at:
Making It with Allie
Strut Your Stuff Thursday
Creative Juice Thursday
Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths
Show Off Your Stuff Party
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Recipe Swap Thursdays
It's a Keeper Thursday
Full Plate Thursday