Saturday 16 April 2011

Restaurant Review: Pembina Village Restaurant



My husband took me here for Valentine’s Day. You may not think it’s a great place for Valentine’s Day, it’s not really romantic, and you’re right, it’s not, but that’s if you’re going for the typical on V-day (which we weren’t; we wanted to go somewhere we hadn’t been before).

It’s a nice enough place, well laid out, enough servers, fast service, and friendly help. The only things that weren’t satisfying was the food and the fact that the cold was coming in the windows and door to our right and left (bad seals I guess?). And seeing as I get cold naturally as I eat this was a bit of a problem. I wore my down filled coat almost the whole time, which was unfortunate because I wore something especially nice for the evening out and I didn’t get to show it off (I am a woman after all!).

They say their souvlaki is the best in the city. They’re wrong. It wasn’t very good at all, I’ve had better at the food court to be honest. But the Greek salad I had was great, and I could have just had that. You get a lot of food for your money, which is the upside, but the flavor and quality is lacking which is the down side.

On a scale of 1-10 (1- Horrible, it should be closed down!! 10- Amazing, would go back again and again!) I give it “5- Average, I wouldn’t go back, but at least I tried it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!